RDAP's Certificate of Completion

RDAP Law and Prison Consultants - Certificate of Completion Actual Client's RDAP Program's Certificate of Completion for Phase I for Sentence Reduction.

This is an actual RDAP Program Completion Certificate from one of our clients.  His identity has been removed for his privacy.  This certificate means that he completed Phase I of the RDAP program, the most rigorous phase.  It is comprised of 500-hour worth of therapy lasting approximately 9 months. This “Group Therapy” lasts 3.5 hours daily and occurs during the morning or afternoon sessions. 


You have to complete the remaining two phases of the RDAP program successfully in order to get the sentence reduction and early release.  The second phase is considered the follow-up care that you receive if you have not yet been sent to the halfway house.  While still in the general prison population, follow-up services comprise of weekly group sessions and assignments.  Not a big deal here.

The last and third phase, Transitional drug abuse treatment (or TDAT) lasts normally six months (with a minimum of four months to meet program regulations) and occurs at the halfway house and home confinement. TDAT normally comprises of weekly group therapy sessions with other former RDAP graduates and may include weekly assignments.  We have noticed that each halfway house runs TDAT differently - some much more rigorous and difficult than others.  We've noticed the larger the city, the more "hardcore" the program requirements and instructors.

RDAP Law and Prison Consultants specialize in successful RDAP eligibility, admissions, and support for the maximum sentence reduction possible for early release.  We take most cases on contingency, which means we will get you success or there is no fee. Your success is our success.  Timing is important and with the complex requirements surrounding what documentation are deemed acceptable, it’s important to seek consultation immediately. Call us now!

Write a comment


  • Bill R. (Saturday, October 06 12 04:10 pm EDT)

    Do you know if they can take the certificate away from you even after you graduate.

  • Anh Nguyen (Monday, October 08 12 12:38 pm EDT)

    Hi Bill. Yes, even after you graduate if you break rules or get a serious "Shot", the BOP can and will revoke your certificate..and it would be as if you never graduated. The certificate is really
    not meaningful, in that, you don't can lose your time off that you've earned if you do not successfully get through the aftercare (TDAT). Hope this helps.

  • MrJ (Friday, October 19 12 05:05 pm EDT)

    Ahn Nguyen. I talkd to you the other day. I have a small Alcohol Problem that is geeting worse by the day.
    I sppaers this program is designed for drug users.
    Also you indicated that this program assist with your mental health as well
    I any not reading anything to back it up

  • Cliff Wimberly (Sunday, March 10 13 08:40 am EDT)

    MrJ. Yes, I remember our conversation. I will call you on Monday during office hours. The program is designed for all substance abuse, which means narcotic and prescription drugs and of course, one
    of the worse drug of all...alcohol. Trust me when I say that the program is heavily alcohol related. And yes, it's a behavioral modification program based on thinking as well.

  • Laura (Monday, September 23 13 03:48 pm EDT)

    How do you get the time off your sentencing approved? Do you have to go back in front of your sentencing judge with the certification, and then they will modify your release date?

  • Cliff Wimberly (Monday, September 23 13 04:07 pm EDT)

    Hi Laura. For the RDAP program, the sentence reduction is approved by the BOP and does not need to get in front of the judge. 30 to 60 days after starting RDAP, your loved one's release date will be
    reduced by the sentence reduction.

  • Cin (Sunday, September 29 13 01:07 am EDT)

    My loved one is in the RDAP program, but was told that he had got denied for the time off, due to his charges. Although the crime was not violent. Is it possible that he may appeal the decision&
    be approved to receive the early release?

  • Cliff Wimberly (Friday, November 15 13 08:11 am EST)

    Cin, yes you can appeal that decision. Please call our office and we can discuss. FYI, past violent convictions (previous to his current charge) may potentially dis-qualify him/her from a reduction.

  • Erin (Thursday, January 09 14 08:55 am EST)

    MY nephew has completed the RDAP program (november or December)and has been waiting for his transfer to the halfway house assignment. His date for transfer has changed several times (not due to
    anything he did) We were given the date of January 8th to report but for some reason his assignment had not been made. Yesterday he was told his new date would be February 27th. Is there anything we
    can do to to help move the date forward. I should add he was sent to the west coast due to his lawyer not changing his home address back to the east coast.

  • Cliff Wimberly (Thursday, January 09 14 11:15 am EST)

    Erin, there are many reasons that can delay halfway house assignment. My guess is that the halfway house is full and they are having difficulty getting him bed space.

    Your nephew can change his address on his own. You don't need a lawyer to do that.

  • Tina (Friday, January 10 14 06:41 pm EST)

    My husband just completed the RDAP Program at one of the FCI. They send him to general population.. 4 weeks later all the guys that had finish they put them back in the RDAP building and said they
    couldn't leave til they went to halfway house. I know they are wrong what Policy number would it be.. Thank you

  • Cliff Wimberly (Thursday, February 06 14 11:17 am EST)

    Tina, it is policy to keep RDAP inmates in their own housing unit. This is the case BOP-wide so I am unsure what happened here.

  • Irene (Sunday, February 09 14 02:39 pm EST)

    My daughter started RDAP program (after being held back for 5wks) The phase that she is in does not have the books and she was told that they would have the books Mar 17th. which would make her
    completion date over a year she has been told that she might night get her year off because you have to complete the program within 12 mos. Can they do that because the books were delayed and no
    fault of hers??

  • Cliff Wimberly (Saturday, March 22 14 03:28 pm EDT)

    Irene - No, they can't. It is not true that you have to complete in 12 months.

  • Kelvin (Wednesday, April 01 15 08:29 pm EDT)

    Was on home confinement and missed a monitor call and got called back in and got a 100 series shit for excape for not being able to be contacted over 4 hrs I successfully completed tDat and got my
    completion papers but they are not releasing me tomorrow on my termination date and holding me for 30 days until Dho can hear the shot can they take back the time they gave me off for completing
    radio and send me back to jail?

  • Anh Nguyen (Thursday, April 02 15 07:56 am EDT)

    Kelvin, we spoke on the phone already today. You will most likely not be violated back to prison but rather lose 30 days or so in Good Time Credit so you have another 30 days to go at the halfway

  • Marjorie (Thursday, April 23 15 03:42 pm EDT)

    Hey, My RDAP Program Completion Certificate got destroyed in a flood. Is there any possible way I can get a copy mail to me?

  • Anh Nguyen (Friday, April 24 15 11:37 am EDT)

    Marjorie, there isn't a way to get a copy of that. You can contact the prison and file a request to get your psychology records and it will list you completed the program.

  • Adam mones (Tuesday, April 28 15 03:31 pm EDT)

    I am a rdap graduate, but just received a 200 series shot for being in an unauthorized area with a member of the opposite sex. Will I lose my year? I am currently in the halfway house

  • Anh Nguyen (Wednesday, April 29 15 02:49 pm EDT)

    Adam, we spoke on the phone. You will get sanctions but you will not lose your year. The shot needs to be a lot more serious than that such as alcohol or drug related, commission of another felony,
    escape, etc.

  • tyrashun stewart (Wednesday, May 06 15 10:37 am EDT)

    im trying to receive a copy of my completion or the RDAP Program in 2007. I need it in order to reinstate my driver license. I need to know what I need to do to get my paper, THANK YOU

  • Anh Nguyen (Saturday, May 09 15 08:25 am EDT)

    tyrashun - You will need to contact the BOP and ask for your Psychology records. It will show you completed the program in detail. The prison will not send you another completion certificate.

  • Marjorie (Tuesday, May 12 15 09:50 am EDT)

    Anh, thanks for the respond. I appreciate it. However, will my psychology record shows the list of all the requirement programs I've completed to received the certificate. Because those certificates
    were also damage in the flood. For example: Yoga certificate, busness education certificate, step aerobic certificate, typing completion certificate, etc.

  • Rebecca (Thursday, May 21 15 10:12 pm EDT)

    My boyfriend was at a halfway house and in a RDAP program. He failed a breathalizer and was taken back to jail. He was told today he was given 41 days of punishment that won't begin until after his
    initial release date from the halfway house (May 29), and then he would lose his year and be sent back to prison after he's completed the 41 day punishment to serve that year. Does this sound right?
    He was 23 days out until parole, and hasn't had any problems.

  • Anh Nguyen (Sunday, May 24 15 11:51 am EDT)

    Marjorie - those certificates that you lost were simply printed off of a printer and are not "official". You can request a copy of your prison records which would list you completed those programs.

  • Anh Nguyen (Sunday, May 24 15 11:54 am EDT)

    Rebecca - Unfortunately, that sounds correct I am very sorry to say. There is zero tolerance for substance use at the halfway house and you would lose your RDAP benefits if you are caught. His only
    chance now is to prove that the breathalizer test was invalid.

  • Doris Dunman (Monday, May 25 15 10:02 pm EDT)

    I have sent in the form for the judge to sign. It has been approfed but not signed by the Jusge Yet, HOW DO i get this signed by the judge so I can appply for RDP

  • Anh Nguyen (Tuesday, May 26 15 07:17 am EDT)

    Doris, there is NO form for the judge to sign for RDAP. I think you are confused. Please give our office a call.

  • Sharon (Friday, September 11 15 10:09 pm EDT)

    Hi, My friend projected release date is 2/2019 but he started RDAP this month. How long is the certificate good for? When he is done with the program he will still have a lot of time left. Why did he
    start so soon? Could he possibly be getting out early

  • Anh Nguyen (Thursday, September 17 15 03:18 pm EDT)

    Sharon, the certificate is good when he graduates. He started early because he was next in line with the shortest out date. Most inmates are starting early prison-wide. After he finishes RDAP, if
    there is still time left on his sentence, he will wait in prison. He will get the reduction as long as there is no "violent" conviction.

  • michael (Sunday, April 24 16 11:17 am EDT)

    my sister has been in the rdap for 2 months now and her release date has not changed yet. they told her she will get a year off for early release when should her date change for release ?

  • Anh Nguyen (Thursday, May 05 16 01:08 pm EDT)

    michael - we know the BOP is very busy right now re-calculating sentencing dates so it is taking longer than normal. You will see it change soon.

  • poochie (Wednesday, February 01 17 04:43 pm EST)

    A friend did rdap but Vaught a phone shot which is a 108 series shot will he lose his year...I'd he is found guilty at dho?

  • Anh Nguyen (Thursday, February 02 17 02:14 pm EST)

    Poochie-A 108 series shot is a serious thing, but without further details we can't answer your question. Please call our office and we will talk it over with you.

Please enter the code
* Required fields
Please be aware that the contents of this form are not encrypted